I need to focus on long term goals such as improved energy,stamina and health . With those things will come weight loss and changes in your body and these changes will last and become lifelong,because they are not a quick fix, but instead a way of life. That is my goal- to make healthy decisions for my body a way of life.
Some recent unrealistic expectations of mine (and some more realistic versions of them):
1." I need to be a certain weight, and I wont be happy until I am"-instead, I need to think" I want to feel good and look good to myself and the numbers on the scale mean nothing"
2. " I need to do a hard workup for at least one hour everyday to see results"-instead, " i need to MOVE everyday and find exercise/fitness activites that I actually enjoy"-even if I just take a nice walk in the evening, it is moving my body. It is so hard to stay motivated and stick with a workup program if you feel you HAVE to do it, especially if you do not like it. Of course you have to work hard to see results, but work hard at something that you LIKE!
3. "I need to do yoga 3 times per week (or any other specific number)"-instead, " I need to increase the amount of yoga I do/try and practice as much as I can"-again, when I put a number to something and I do not amek that goal, I get discouraged. Life is busy, some weeks more so than others. Instead of specifics numbers, do the best you can and (hopefully) it will become routine.
4. " I cannot eat any gluten, dairy, sweets, fast food, pop, etc"-I need to eat whole, natural foods that nourish my body, and it is ok to indulge every once in awhile-I have tried eliminating foods completely from my diet and have found that sugar seems to be my biggest problem (and biggest weakness!). instead of saying that I cannot have something, I think it is better to learn to eat whole unprocessed foods and if you occassionally indulge in something that is not, it is ok!
Changing your thinking about health and wellness can take some time, but like most things, give it 15 days and it will become habit. that is my goal!
![]() |
| LOVE this photo! |

No comments:
Post a Comment