This summer has been the summer of me "taking charge of my health". I have been stressed, fatigued, bloated, digestion issues and headaches lately and figured that I wanted to do something about it. I have also found that despite working out and eating fairly healthy, I was unable to move the scale and reduce my abdominal fat (not that there is alot, but enough to bother me!). I was convinced for ahwile that it was my thyroid, but those tests have all been normal (although maybe out of the "functional" range). I decided that I wanted to learn more about holistic health and nutritions role in health, and what better way to do that than to make an appt with a health counselor?! I have been seeing a functional nutritionist (Katie Jasper -she is awesome, go see her!) for the past few months and have learned alot of about health and stress. One of the things that I did when I first started to "take charge of my health" was do a detox that was prescribed by the nutritionist. This involved eliminating gluten, dairy, sugar, caffeine and alcohol for 2 weeks and adding supplements that support the gut and detox process. After the detox was over I felt great-no more headaches, fatigue or abdominal symptoms and had much more energy than usual. Than-stressed kicked in big time at work and I fell off my healthy bandwagon. I began eating sugar again like it was going out of style and no exercise. I felt terrible and that made my stress worse. It was just snowballing. I know what to do for my health and I have the tools, I just need to DO IT! So after a nice relaxing week away from work and stress, I am back on my Detox, starting to do yoga/running daily and will restart Insanity once my detox is over. I am also taking some supplements to help support my stress and anxiety, and am awaiting the results of my adrenal stress panel to look for adrenal fatigue (my symptoms-fatigue, AM fatigue despite getting enough sleep, abdominal fat that is hard to get rid of, stress/anxiety, etc).
Stay tuned for more updates!
No comments:
Post a Comment