Sunday, January 22, 2012

Be...not so motivated.

I am only a few weeks into my workout and I have already started to lack the motivation that I know I am going to need to complete my journey and goals.  My biggest issue with achieving my goals of becoming the healthiest person I can be has always been my motivation. I have the best of intentions and I feel pretty knowledgeable about what I need to do to achieve them, I just haven't figured out how to stay motivated....but I am working on that and will post my progress along the way.

One new goal I want to set for myself is to eat clean and healthy daily,mainly avoid overly processed foods and too many carbs. I will allow myself 1-2 cheats per week of my favorite foods. I have a huge weakness for sweets and carbs and feel that is where I get in the most trouble. I also want to keep a food journal where I write down what I eat everyday to make sure I am getting the right foods in, although I refuse to count calories. I keep hearing the saying that abs are made in the kitchen not the gym, and I need to remember that!

For now I will post what I had for dinner, a delicious and super easy recipe inspired by my sister!

                            Salsa Crockpot Chicken

The recipe is super easy and healthy...basically add 3-4 chicken breasts to the crockpot, pour a jar of salsa of your choice over them and cook on low for 6-8 hrs. The chicken is very moist, tender and flavorful.

I have made tacos/burritos with this, but it also tastes great alone or on a salad.

I know this is not the most amazing food photo ever, but it was taken on my ipad. You get the idea right?

No comments:

Post a Comment