Thursday, February 23, 2012

Be Fit..Fat shredder diet

I had posted recently about my new found fitness motivation....shopping! So I thought I would post a little about my progress. First off, my sister is getting married this summer and I recently ordered my bridesmaid dress. I think iwas being a little ambitious when I ordered it ( either that or I have no idea how to measure myself properly) because it is just a little too small ( a little being kind of a lot). The dress is fitted at the top and flows at the bottom, so the area that need to most improvemt will be my chest, back and waist. So besides hopefully getting a cute new spring wardrobe, I have the ultimate goal of fitting into my dress by May/June ( because I may need a few months if I have to order another one).

So, for the past week I have been trying to follow the P90 X nutrition guide and have been doing the Fat Shredder plan. This plan is high protein, low carb. Basically 50% of my cals from protein and 25% from fat and carbs each. My nutrition plan includes 5 serving protein, 1 fat, 2 vegetable, 2 dairy, 1 fruit, 0.5 grains, 0.5 legume/tubers and 1 snack. I plan on doing the plan for only 4 wks, as I know it is not good to eat low carb all the time. I am hoping that I will develop some good habits through this, as most of my carbs seemed to have come from sweets, breads, pastas ( aka simple carbs). I have also been working out everyday and following my program, along with taking extra whey protein and supplements. So far I feel great and have lost 2 lbs! I have been reading studies that show that doing a low carb, high protein and fat ( good fat) diet for short bursts of time can help your metabolism and help your body be more efficient at burning fat. Again, I stress that eating a low carb diet in the long term IS NOT good for your health, as you need a balanced diet and that includes good/complex carbs (esp if you have an active lifestyle).

I plan on working on some healthy recipes over the weekend that include lower carb and higher protein/ good fat foods and will post those soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment