Baked Apple Spice Oatmeal
| finished product. Another great Ipad photo |
Ingredients:
1/2 c oatmeal/ rolled oats
1/2 c egg whites
1/2-1 apple diced2 tbsp apple sauce
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon,nutmeg to tasteSweetener to taste ( I like pure maple syrup)
Preheat oven 375
Mix together apples ( heated in microwave 1 min to soften), applesauce, egg whites, vanilla
Separate bowl mix together oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg,sweetener
Mix dry and wet ingredients together, spread into greased loaf pan, and bake covered with foil 25 mins. Bake an additional 5 mins uncovered.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can customize it to include other ingredients including pumpkin, banana, nuts, berries, etc.
* recipe courtesy of www.youngmarriedchic.com
Since I was in the kitchen already I decided to make something healthy and easy for lunches.
Strawberry Walnut Chicken Salad
Ingredients:
Salad mix
Strawberries
Chicken breast cut up
Walnuts
Feta cheese
Cucumbers
Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
Mix all ingredients together and enjoy! Nice and easy!
No comments:
Post a Comment